I hate my scale. Certainly that number can’t be accurate; but a glimpse in the mirror (which I try to avoid) proves otherwise. *sigh*
Once again, I’m going to eat a keto diet. Keto limits carb intake to 50 grams per day or less. I’m going to jump start things doing 20 net carbs per day. This follows the low carb/keto methods my friend Lynn Terry of Low Carb Traveler and the 90 Day Low Carb Challenge teaches. I’ve known Lynn for more than 10 years.
I’ve met Lynn in person a few times and we even roomed together for a business event. So I really do know her. 🙂
Read my About page to learn about all of my chronic health conditions. I’m on several medications that cause weight gain, mix that with my physical limitations due to the pain and symptoms of these conditions and it’s a perfect mix for some serious weight issues.
The best way for me to get a handle on this, is to change what I’m eating. That I can control, regardless of what medicine I take and how much physical activity I can do.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.Albert Einstein
Time to stop the insanity, and move on to getting results.
Let me be clear:
- I do need to lose weight. I’m already not healthy, and losing weight will help me in many areas. But weight loss will not cure me!
- I’m all about body positivity. I don’t hate my body, I just need to take better care of it and control what I can.
- I will not be fat-shaming anyone!
- If you’d like to join me in eating keto, then simply follow this Keto category section of my site. We can do this together! I’ll keep all Keto related posts and content to this category. 🙂
Now that we have all that out of the way. Here’s what I’ve done thus far to get a jumpstart in eating keto.
- Charged my Fitbit Inspire HR. Yep, I had one, and rarely ever put it on. I know, crazy. But she’s charged and ready to go. Perhaps I should give her a name, maybe it will easier for me to be consistent in wearing her? Comment below on some name suggestions for my Fitbit.
- Setup a new MyFitnessPal account and downloaded the app and connected my Fitbit Inspire HR to that account. All my food, weight, etc… will be entered in at MyFitnessPal, and only activity will be tracked automagically in my Fitbit. You can view my food diary here.
- I synced my Zoetouch (weight & body fat composition) scale to my Fitbit. So my weigh ins will automagically record on my Fitbit.
- Downloaded a few free keto cookbooks for Kindle on Amazon. Even though I intend to start out with uber simple foods, without “recipes”, I know I’ll want something a bit “fancier” (with ingredients that require mixing and prepping 😛 ), so keto cookbooks will help me do that.
- Joined Lynn’s private 90 Day Low Carb Challenge group on Facebook.
Ok. I’ve already started…. will you join me?!
Comment below to let me know you’re in, and if you have any questions. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page